Saturday, February 20, 2016

Cleanliness impact! Grooming matters!

Back in the summers of 2009 and I attended a conference on Computing Trends in Delhi and I happened to make few friends at the venue through interaction and the break sessions during the conference. There was a guy, whom I met there, a man with 'daadi-mucchi' (beard-mustache) we had exchanged email-id's and we interacted each other through mails. Then inclining further in the friendship, we had voice callings and numbers exchanged. Also, being from the same educational backgrounds and job areas, we had talks on professional grounds and related matters.
We even managed to have video chats once in a while. So far, it was going all good and well managed in a decent manner. Slowly and steadily, due to some incidences, there started emerging change in his attitude. There were degrading signs of his health and physical status He started to make negative opinions about a lot of things. He barely managed to take care of his grooming, his health, and the conditions at his end grew worse. I, still, at times insisted for video callings and talked for long, counselling him. He was getting worse with his stubble with each passing day. I tried to give him the best motivation I could and helped him over certain matters. He started cut down from the interacting world and more often laid in solitude.
I often dropped him mails, of which, off lately, he replied and we managed to have some sort of interaction between us. One fine day, I went on a trip to Shimla with family. I was there with my family having a walk at the Mall Road. When we were walking down, I heard a familiar voice. I turned around. I heard him saying my name and waved a 'hi' to me. I was surprised of this co-incidence. I wanted to see him happy, for I kept him in prayers for the good happenings to follow him.
He started working for an NGO in the hill stations fighting for the poor people and villagers cause in the Himalayas and working for their welfare. I was happy to see him happy. He was a transformed man. I was more impressed than his personality. There was he shining with a great aura around him. He thanked me for keeping him motivated in his tough times. He then presented his visiting card, where came another surprise, where he ran the NGO with my name. I was so mesmerized.
It was a great surprise to see an all time 'daadi-mucchi' (beard-mustache) man to be transformed into a well groomed and a happy-go-lucky person. Grooming is thus very essential in life and going around well maintained fills a person with high hopes and aspirations in life.

This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment