Saturday, February 20, 2016

The #impact of conquering the fear!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. The impact of conquering our own fears is immense on our daily life. This has a huge impact on our daily lifestyle and schedules. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  I am a child of God, you are a child of God, everyone is a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
In some or the other way, we are all meant to shine, as children do, as anyone would wish to shine into this world.  We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us to make it encompass the path of struggle and emerge victoriously.  It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone, for this is some omnipotent.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same, to discover the best in them, and to see good in everyone and everything around.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
I have come a long way to fight around in my own home at first and then in the colony near-by to where I stay to fight for the cause of girl education, safety and hygiene. It took me quite a lot of time to conquer over my own apprehensiveness and take essential steps for the improvement of the status in and around the town. I had several fears with me, for the disowning by own family, may be, and may be by the neigbours and the society around, for the city was so rigid to accept any change within it for its own rules and regulations and the system that prevailed there.
The first step I took was to convince my husband for the education of the two maids and their girls that were working with us. Maids were so incapable that they least idea about the counting and other commonly necessary things. Also, they kept their children uneducated. Th worst was one of the maid's child was around 13 years old and she was looking for a match for her to get her married. It brought down tears to me, for I could not think of the situation wisely. I was not getting of what was really happening in the villages and down-trodden areas, if this was the situation of the towns.
The best beginning was when I could convince my husband and my in-laws family for the education of children of the maid's that worked at our place. It was a great pleasure as I over-came my fear of inability to convince my family that was rigid enough to accept the changes. Then, next fear that I decided to over come was that to engage with the neighbours around and make them aware and conscious about the efforts that they could make to serve the society by their bit contribution.
Slowly and steadily this became a trend. Most of the families in the colony began to education their maid's children by paying their fees and getting them the essential stationery. The things changed around. Our maid's were more humble and bore gratitude for all of us. They began to be loyal towards their masters and mistress.
This fear always gripped my mind, even as a child when I could not voice myself. But it is necessary to stop looking at the evil and instead get up and take it as a challenge, voice out the fear and make things happen, as that only works. There is no point in staying into the clutches of fear as that does no good and instead harms the peace of mind.

#impact
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment